Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Life is Hectic

Life is very hectic in the Lounsberry household now that it is September.  As most of you know, I live in a big, old farmhouse with my husband, four children, one child's spouse, four dogs, numerous cats, and a partidge in a pear tree.  With the new month came the start of school for the 16-year-old girls, plus soccer games and everything that goes along with that. 

My son and his wife are expecting my first grandbaby, and I couldn't be more excited!  They already know they are having a girl, and they have decided to name her Miya Rose.  Don't you just love those names together?!  Miya Rose.  Their due date is actually on Christmas Day so we might have a wonderful, little present at the end of December. 

I, of course, have been buying baby girl clothing ever since I found out her gender, and my son is now saying, "Stop!  She has enough!" but I can't help myself.  It's all been from secondhand stores and yard sales so I haven't spent a great deal of money.  My son wears mostly Carhartt clothing so I did spend a little bit on this little diaper cover.


Diaper Cover

Aren't they so sweet?!

In addition to all of this, Jon's schedule is so different now than it was just a year ago, and it's been a little bit difficult for me to adjust.  He's working at KidsPeace again and has been since late March, and he works some days and some nights.  I was used to having him home a lot more when he worked for the State, but he's so much happier now, and happiness is far more important than anything else.  Oh, and he makes more money!

Emily is living at home, too.  She is working full-time for the State of Maine in Ellsworth.  I'm so proud of her.  She pays her own way and is (most of the time) a joy to have around.  She's engaged to a lovely young man who is in the Army and stationed in Georgia.  Unfortunately, he is being shipped out to Afghanistan in November and will likely be gone for a year.  She's figuring out how to cope with that.

So that's my life in a nutshell.  It's hectic, but I guess I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...