Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bunkhouse for the Grandkids

I don't have any grandkids yet, but I really, really want some!  I have a 22-year-old son and a daughter who turns 21 next month, and I think they should provide me with grandchildren, don't you?  I know, I know - they're both still a little young to be producing grandkids for me, but I think they should start working on it.  My son is getting married this summer so I can probably count on him to produce a child or two soon - I'm crossing my fingers.

One of the reasons I want grandchildren so much is so that I can spoil them . . . and then send them home to their parents!  Another reason is because I have been dying to make a bunkhouse for the grandkids.  I have this excellent attic space that would be perfect for built ins.  I will need to have my son build a new set of stairs over the existing ones on our second floor because right now the attic can only be accessed from a bedroom at the back of the house and that's not what I want.

My plan includes a sitting area with a television for video games and then some very cool built-in bunkbeds, like these:

               

I think all of these are so much fun!  I want my grandchildren to remember Grammy and Grampy's house as fun, and I want them to come over often.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...