Saturday, June 30, 2012

Emily is in Georgia

Emily drove through the night to get to Georgia, and I was more nervous than I expected to be while she drove there.  She is my twenty-year-old daughter, and she is more than capable of doing anything she sets her mind to, but this is one of her bigger adventures.  She is, of course, visiting a boy (isn't there always a boy involved?!).  Her boyfriend, Reggie, is the in the Army and is stationed at Fort Stewart, and she took this week off from work so that she could go down and see him.

I'm proud of my girl, but I was certainly nervous, too.  She left yesterday afternoon from Augusta, Maine, at 3:00 pm and arrived at Fort Stewart at approximately 1:15 pm today.  She stopped only for gas, refreshments, and the ladies room.  

I'm proud of you, beautiful girl.

 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...